Standard Installation excluding high water table areas and Bio-Pure 6-10
Below are the instructions that we provide for installing the Bio-Pure system. The instructions are simple to follow and we provide free telephone back up. A keen self builder would be able to easily install the Bio-Pure. A qualified ground worker would be able to install a Bio-Pure system (typically) in under a day.
1) (For Bio-Pure 1 & 2) Excavate a hole 2.1m round by 2.25m deep tapering the last 1.2m ensuring the soil at the base of the hole is firm and undisturbed. If not possible, compact sand or pea gravel into base until desired level is obtained. For Bio-pure 3, 4 & 5 excavate a hole 2.4m round by 2.7m deep tapering the last 1.5m.
(NB. Try to follow shape of unit as much as possible)
2) Remove the service hatch and the compressor box housing section of the unit by means of cutting the cable ties and removing the two bolts below lid (note - care should be taken that these sections are not dropped, causing damage) and retain in safe place
3) Lift the unit by means of strapping attached through the outlet connection and around the inlet coupling, (outside unit) ensuring there is no water remaining in the unit prior to lifting
4) Lower the unit into the hole checking that the inlet and outlet connections on the unit will align with the corresponding connections.
5) If you are using anchoring kit, remove unit and install now.
6) Level the unit in the hole and begin backfill around the base of the unit to a depth of approximately 700mm (you have the option at this stage of circulating the wedges with a concrete ring to ensure no lifting if the ground is subject to moderate waterlog). Fill the unit with a corresponding amount of water to help stabilise the unit
Note – backfill material must be 20mm to dust scalpings to ensure no damage is caused to unit.
7) Plug outlet pipe temporarily
8) Fill the outlet chamber with water until it flows over the top of the weir
9) Level the unit until the surface of the water in the outlet chamber is even around the circumference
10) Continue backfill around the unit whilst simultaneously bringing the water level up within the unit full, stopping backfill just below inlet and outlet connections
11) Connect inlet and outlet connections to sewer pipes
12) Attach the blower pipe to the blower tube by means of the jubilee clip supplied
13) Securely bolt the top section to the base unit by means of the eye bolts
14) Continue backfill up to ground level
15) Place the compressor housing on the floor next to the unit. Pass the blower pipe through the rubber grommet in the compressor housing and loosely drop box back into the tank (ensure enough pipe is left in the body of the unit so as to be able to remove the compressor housing for servicing)
16) Drill a hole into the neck of the tank and pass electrical cable through hole and through the rubber grommet in the compressor housing. Secure compressor housing using original fittings (ensure enough cabling is left in the body of the unit so as to be able to remove the compressor housing for servicing)
17) Secure blower pipe to compressor/s by means of the jubilee clip supplied.